Inbunden bok –– FÖRLAGSNY! –– Langford Press. 2013. 196 sidor.
Nyskick. Skyddsomslag i nyskick.
–– FÖRLAGSNY! – Stort format, ca 25x31 cm! –– Se fler bilder!
This inspiring collection of paintings, drawings and writings by artist John Threlfall captures a journey along Britains coast, from sandy beaches and sea cliffs in the north, to rocky shores and estuaries in the south.
• Threlfalls fascination with the shoreline, its shifting colours and dramatic forms, is outdone only by his attraction to its wildlife: seals, sanderlings, guillemots and curlews are some of the fauna that provide the focal point for his beautiful artwork.
"A very beautifully illustrated large hardback book of wildlife art by John Threfall.
Texts are limited to introductory notes for each section and poetic musings on the scenarios depicted.
• Threfall is an expressive artist and his work captures the dynamic qualities of his subjects through equally dynamic approaches; his paintings and drawings are executed in a variety of media including oils, acrylics, pastels and watercolours. His broad, soft brushwork evokes the landscape settings of his subjects and vividly captures the sense of movement, the life of the birds and other animals he depicts.
• These are painterly renditions – accurate, but don't expect polite little illustrations – they are well-rendered artworks that are animate and immediate.
• Copiously illustrated mainly in colour and with large reproductions this collection of paintings and drawings is a pleasure to leaf through and study.
• A fine volume, recommended to anyone interested in good wildlife art and observational painting in general."
–– GLÖM INTE ATT TITTA PÅ ALLA MINA ANDRA BÖCKER! –– Samma fraktpris oavsett hur många böcker du beställer! (Gäller inom Sverige)